Saturday, April 18, 2009

Starting the thing

So Ive ordered all the fabric I need from fabric.com, and the stuff I could buy at the local JoAnns is now all together. Pretty much now its just cutting, sewing, and putting it all together.

I should have at least one viable kirtle for Lysts, more than likely the cornflower blue one that I bought the fabric for today. I also plan on finishing my red hood tonight. Tomorrow's projects are to complete the first kirtle, possibly a pair of sleeves to pin on later, and a 'coif wrap' that Im going to wear, kind of like a faux coif, to pin my hood to so that my short hair is covered.

I am having the worst luck trying to find appropriate fur edges for my Burgundian gown. Im thinking Im just going to go with black velvet or even a black linen edging since it will more than likely easier to come by. Its frustrating to say the least, but what can I do? I only have so much time, and even less money. I will do the best I can.

Hopefully things will work out.....Im hoping to make a sensation, so we shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment