Thursday, November 25, 2010

Previous Work - Armand Panel

*The first picture is of the Tewkesbury Abbey original, with the pictures of the panel I created to follow.*

The panel below is the panel of Duke Armand de Sevigny, the largest panel I've created thus far and the first panel I have ever displayed at a Laurel's Prize Tournament. I created it to be a representation of the knights windows from Tewkesbury Abbey in England. I didn't seek to necessarily copy the window exactly, but instead inserted various SCA-specific motifs and symbolism that would clearly communicate who the subject was to the audience. I wanted people to take one look and know clearly who the knight was without a doubt. My panel was well received, although sadly His Grace has never seen the panel himself. I still have the pouch full of 'Laurel Loot' that I got from the event and keep it in my glass toolbox for good luck.

This panel resides in the home of HL Avenell and HL Bronwyn in Calafia, Caid.


And detailed views:













1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanne, I love this panel. I am the photographer who took the picture of the tewkesbury abbey original that you are using. Do you think you could post a link to my new site: www.exposethelight.com and I will reciprocate?

    I can be reached on nwildin@gmail.com

    Kind regards,
    Neil Wildin

    ReplyDelete