Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Progress on the E.S Project

This is how far Ive come on my beaded had for my Elizabeth Seyntmaur project. So far, Ive gotten responses from people ranging from 'Wow, thats gorgeous!' to 'You are insane!' to 'You have wayyyy too much time on your hands.' LOL

In any event, Im about done and hoping to have it done by the end of sunday at the latest. Once the beaded cover is done, I will be wrapping the hat frame and sewing/ gluing it all down. Ive decided NOT to attach the wires permanently, that way I can wear the truncated henin with other veils or without any at all if I want. To limit myself like that just doesnt seem the smart thing to do.

So here we go.....the pictures of the work so far. The flashy beads are gold foil rocaille beads, and the center dots are garnet round beads. The pattern is what I copied from the brass rubbing of Elizabeth, which I then cut out from a blank stencil template that I drew up. I used gold fabric paint to do the pattern.





As for the dress, I have decided to go with a soft petal pink, a totally period color, and out of the softest linen I could get my hands on. It should look absolutely smashing, and when paired with the velvet belt with brass fittings from Raymond's Quiet Press that are a perfect replica of the belt Elizabeth wore in the rubbing, I literally should look like Ive stepped right out of a scroll. At least, thats the idea.....

More to come once the beadwork is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment