Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Glass panel done for Her Majesty Elisabetta

A while back, I was asked by Lady Isabella to create a stained glass panel for Her Majesty as a gift from the Autocrat of Her Majesty's Queen's Champion event held at Castleton this year. It was a great success, and I had all kinds of fun creating it. Below are the pictures showing the progress of the whole thing, from drawing the cartoon to the final piece. Needless to say, Queen Elisabetta was quite pleased, and even called me up into Court.....and she even hugged me! Later that night, she totally stealth-Queen'ed Claire and I at the tables near the tavern. I think that night was the first night I truly understood the 'courtly love' all rapier fighters have for the Queen. I was smitten, and ever since, I honestly think she is just amazing :) So here for the enjoyment of whoever might want to see.....the birth of the Queen's heraldic panel :)































1 comment: