Sunday, June 21, 2009

Elizabeth Seyntmaur's hat


I am ready to start creating the hat to go with my Elizabeth S. dress. My materials are as follows:

A basic planter basket, Thrift Town, .50 cents
A used towel, Goodwill, .20 cents
A black fabric remnant, black cotton duck, Joanns, $2
gold fabric paint, $3
blank plastic template, Hobby Lobby, $2
exacto knife, hubby's tool kit
hot glue gun
glue sticks, gifted from mommy-in-law's crafty friend
wires, Hobby Lobby, $8
white floral tape, Hobby Lobby, .78 cents on sale
pearl beads, old necklace from Goodwill, .50 cents
gold beads and black thread, from my own collection saved over the last 15 years

I tried to go with upcycling as much as I could with this project, and the only thing I really had to buy brand new for any amount of cash was the wires since I needed thick wires, and craft wire just isn't strong enough and I dont have the ability to cut wire hangars. I can't find the vid cam since Scott put it away, so Im taking pictures on my little camara and will just have to have them developed and emailed to me......thank you Walgreens.

Anyways, let the hat begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment