Thursday, November 25, 2010

Previous Work - Guillaume and Felinah Panels

These are the devices of Her Grace Duchess Felinah Tifarah Arnvella Memo Hazara Khan al-Din, OP, OL, and His Grace Duke Guillaume de la Belgique, KSCA, OP. During my time in Caid, I was squire to His Grace.

The panels below are some of my earliest work. The panel on the right, with the purple gore and black bell, was the second glass panel I'd ever made. I made it while still in stained glass class, and my teacher suggested that I had a talent for creating 'cartoons' or stained glass patterns. I have always been proud of the Guillaume panel. I have since improved my lead lines considerably, as well as my placement of color and the selection of my glass.

For both, I used lead came (period technique) throughout and Wispy Opaque and Water (modern style) glass.

1 comment: